Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

(XP) Map Limit

No one would play a RPG maker xp game that has 999 maps, because having 999 maps means that alot of them have to suck really hard!! If you are 50 people working on the game maybe 999 maps would work. But I think you are alone right?

If you have to go beyond the 999 limit, you need a script...or you need to merge tilesets into one big one. And have lots of maps in one map...like instead of making a new map for the living room and the bathroom have them all in one map. Have your project right now got 999 maps?

No no , it does not, and you are probably correct in that it will not exceed that amount of maps, and chances are, I will combine smaller maps into a big map. I just wanted to know if its possible just in case.. I don't like feeling restricted I want to know that something is possible even if it doesn't mean I will ever exceed the limit... does that script exist already or has no one yet created it.

arev

Sponsor

You can have more maps without using any scripts. Before the limit is reached create a new map (let's say it's ID is 100). When you save your project this map will be stored in Map100.rxdata. Rename the file to Map 1100.rxdata. This way you can have more than 1000 maps. There are two problems, though. You won't be able to edit this map in the editor, so change the filename after the map is finished. Also, you won't be able to select this map in the "Transfer Player" command - you'll have to use transfering by variables, setting them accordingly just before.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.