Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[xp]Dynamic Effects Engine

Dynamic Effects Engine
Authors: Ryex
Version: 1.61
Type: Effects Engine

Introduction

this is a scripting tool. as such on its own it dose NOT add any functionality to a game.
it is a frame work that provides methods and structure to create dynamic effects based on the player or an events position relative to a source on the map.

Version 1.2
- massive lag decrease
Version 1.6
- improved speed added Dynamic position sources and the mute feature
Version 1.61
- fixed bug with dynamic position source

Features

• Provides a frame work for creating dynamic effects based on the player or an events position relative to a source.
  • Under 300 lines of code (comments not included)

Screenshots

NA

Demo

NA

Script

http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AUKLI9M5vfiOZGdiNXdnMjVfMjBkc3Y5NTlneg&hl=en

Instructions

this is a scripting tool a description of the classes and how to use them is located in the script

Compatibility

this is a tool it is as compatible as you make it

Credits and Thanks

• Ryex
  • Blizzard (for giving me a piece of code that I should of seen myself)

Author's Notes

Please! ask questions, poke through the code, make suggestions for the improvement of this tool. and comment!

NOTE: I (the author) do NOT provide support in this thread. I simply don't visit this forum often enough. another scripter may be able to offer help but if you need support from me please go here
http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?t...g89287#msg89287

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.