Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[XP]CMS needed! Help please^^

I need a Custom Menu System, something that looks like this:
http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk14 ... sineed.png[/img]

When you go to Map, it'll show a picture of the map, I should beable to select the picture that I want to show.

Diary is the basic save file, it may go to a new scene for that one^^

Farm Stats should replace 'Status' and act as if the character is "Farm"

At the bottom should show the Current map that the player is on.

The top should have the Game Title, i should be able to edit this part with my game title.

If ya need more details, I'll be more than happy to supply more^^
I really need a CMS like this, so if anyone can help thanks in advance!!!^_^

khmp

Sponsor

I think you need a lot more description with this request Mr. Hayabusa123. Let's start with the menu on the left there. I assume "Ruck sack" is just your word for "Items". The scripter that takes this request needs to redesign Scene_Item or eliminate it so the rest of the stuff on screen stays where it is, and just make use of that middle window, yes? On to "Farm Stats". Do you have a system currently in place that manages "farming" statistics? If not you should add it into your request that you need such a system. Unless the farms stats are hp, sp strength, dexterity, agility and intelligence. Plus when this is selected what exactly do you want drawn in the middle window? A picture of the farm? A bunch of numbers? What? For that matter is the window empty when you first open the Menu? Is it just blank when the menu opens? Lastly you make mention of being able to edit the text of the game title. Do you mean like while in the menu or just before the menu is created?

Alright bubble bursting time on design. You see how the text you have in the left and right windows is scrunched. Well in RMXP Windows reserve 16 pixels on the top, bottom, left and right for the frame of the window. So you're drawing room is going to be limited. In the mockup you have, there's barely enough for some of those things. And there definitely isn't 16 pixel buffers on their rights and lefts. I have a suggestion but it will remove the sense of symmetry you have. That is that you have the text in the right window being drawn in the middle window when nothing is selected. This solves the problem of what is in that window when the menu is opened and frees up room for the command window on the left.

I think that'll cover it. And hopefully with a little more solid ground someone will take up your request.

Good luck with it Hayabusa123! :thumb:

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.