Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

XP- Change party member in battle WITHOUT rearranging party order on add/remove

Hi everyone, im brand new to the board so id like to say hi!.

what i was hoping i could get created was a script that would keep my other party members in their same positions during battle while i swapped one out for another. i've been working on the battle system for my game and its working great except that the main character can transform (well later on he'll be able to control it) and i need to swap him for another character to complete the action but every time i do it, the swap happens. and he ends up in position #4!

so basically im just looking to get the other characters to stay in their respective slots while i complete the party swap.

if it helps im using RTAB for the battle system. and standard size partys (4)
any help would be great on this. i've tried other scripts i thought would do the trick but i always end up with the same issue. the character that is swapped in is moved to the #4 position while everyone else moves up!.

oh yeah. and i spent about 6 hours trying to figure this out with no resolve. so hopefully one of you prodigys can help me figure this out.
i currently have Fomars morphing script triggering the change. but no script to try and hold party member position during battle (i took em out after realizing they didnt work, i think i need a fresh approach)

i figure this would be an easy thing to fix...just not easy enough for me to figure out. lol

thanks again!
-nyst

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.