Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[XP]Berans' iPod script v1.13-final

I'm glad you like it. I really like doing somewhat eccentric scripts that are very different, it gives me, personally, a challenge in getting through the logic, and it ends up creating some pretty original content. I'm already thinking up more weird and wonderful new ideas :P

As for playloop and playthrough, you can mess around with bgm_play and me_play to play the file from the same folder. Playing ME won't loop while playing BGM will.

I actually came up with that idea before. I made a new method that would play songs from the bgm folder, as an ME. The problem is, that it would just continue the bgm right after that. I have no idea how to check whether the ME is finished. If I could find that out, it'd be much easier

no problem. Apart from a loop/playthrough feature, is there anything else you might like to see in this? (I really want to put loop/playthrough in but I need better knowledge of the Audio module first)
EDIT: for those who are using v1.13 and want the initial functionality to actually work...re-paste the script. I did something really stupid when I last updated the script, that I've now fixed.

lol thanks. I've tried to keep my code as simple as possible. But you know how it gets sometimes. As you try to fix stuff you get all sorts of weird constructions to get rid of errors...I might rework the code at some point just to make sure I haven't got stuff in there I don't need.

I was thinking about it, but since a lot of classes and methods are very different (including some completely missing ones) it'll take me a little while. I've also got an outstanding request from someone else that I'm completing first. But check back in in the next couple of weeks to see if I've made any progress on a VX version, since I've recently purchased a copy of VX

im having an error
it says " wrong number of argument"
line "  $game_system.playback_list.sort {|a, b| a[choice] <=> b[choice]} "

it says "undefined .empty?"
line"    if $game_system.playback_list.empty? "

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.