Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Worldmap scroll

Hi everybody as you all know our world isn't flat but round. I'd like that (sorta).
Example: I got a big worldmap, but when i come near the border of the map i can't go on as if the world is flat.
But the world is round so, i should be able to continue walking until I come back at the same spot where I left.
(Note: i don't mean anything like mode-7 or something like that.)
A game that uses this is called Tales of symphonia.

http://img383.imageshack.us/my.php?image=worldmapscrollpb6.jpg
Thats an example i made. to show you what i mean. And if i would dot it with event well...that would give a hell of a lag. The numbers of the same colour show where you would get 1-->2 and 2-->1. What i would really like is that you don't get a transition or something that looks like a teleport-event. But that you can just walk on.

Are you using VX? Because if you are, you can simply go to Map Proprieties and choose: "Loop Horizontal/Loop Vertical".

I don't know if you can do that on XP, but I do know that if you simple make 1 event with all that, there will be no lag. Use variables and Conditonal Branches (Variables define Player's X and Y on the map [one for each] and Conditional Branches say "IF VARIABLE X = 1 and IF VARIABLE Y = 1 THEN teleport and do not fade map [being the coordinates of that part 1,1])

Oh yeah, sorry, I'm using xp. But what I want is that it doesn't even look like the nd but that (dunno if its possible) that the oppesite piece of the map is cut and pasted at the side you're on. Which make it look as if you can continue walking for ever.

That's just what i need. But one problem...I wanna do it with (the worldmap) with my own self-created worldmap tileset (kinda put a lot of time in it) instead of pictures.
So if someone could change it a bit?

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.