Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

World Map w/ vehicles and small player graphic

I want to know what the best way to have a World Map where you can use vehicles, and where the player graphic will shrink some.

I think Mode07 will produce a nice looking world map, and I seem to remember it being able to shrink the player graphic...I can't remember though. But I don't think Mode07 is very stable though soo...or if someone can let me know if Mode07 is stable enough to work now or not.

I also want an easy to use vehicle script. One where you can just set terrain tags to places you can land on, pass over, can't pass over, etc.

Plsthx!

Monk

sillypieman;284456 said:
I want to know what the best way to have a World Map where you can use vehicles, and where the player graphic will shrink some.

I think Mode07 will produce a nice looking world map, and I seem to remember it being able to shrink the player graphic...I can't remember though. But I don't think Mode07 is very stable though soo...or if someone can let me know if Mode07 is stable enough to work now or not.

I also want an easy to use vehicle script. One where you can just set terrain tags to places you can land on, pass over, can't pass over, etc.

Plsthx!
I use Mode7 and vehicles in my game. They work fine. The only drawback is that with Mode7, it can't handle huge maps (it handles 100 x 100 fine, but not 500 x 500).

I got a vehicle system working. I used Seph's, but I had to modify it using a system of conditional branches and switches to get it to work like a normal Ship in an RPG. Not too hard.

But I couldn't get Mode07 working, when I started my game it just like wouldn't respond and kind of freeze when I pushed New Game and then shut down. Sooo yeah.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.