Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[WIP][CH]A soldier...

In an attempt to get a more original looking soldier into my game, I came up with this idea. I can't seem to get away from the megaman like helmet, I like the platemail tunic, the leggings may seem a little flat, but overall I think it's decent for my second sprite ever (I've yet to finish the first one cause I'm horrible at hair/heads it seems). So, let me know what you think, if you think something should be changed or have a comment. By the way, the game I'm working on is more of a dark fantasy and it's suppose to work with that. But, he seems to work with sci-fi too, I think it's largely cause of the transparent red visor (hard to see).

http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/1034/etest2copy9xv.png

Looks totally scifi, I couldnt see him in a fantasy setting. Not that there's anything wrong with that in general.

Danny

Sponsor

The design is very creative and eye catching i must say. Shading seems to be good mostly, however pillowed slightly, but it doesn;t affect it too much. Good work keep at it.

There's something about the jaw piece that bothers me. For one, with the current background palette I actually thought the head was separated from the body, so I copied it into Graphics Gale and changed the background. It was just too close a shade for me to see, heh :)

But there's still something about the jaw piece that doesn't seem quite right to me. Perhaps it's too bright. Perhaps it's too thin. I'm not a spriter so I can't know for sure, hopefully someone else will be able to point out what it is. I think, however, that the rest of it is just great, and that you can make a complete character set with the jawline as is, and simply modify that part later if what needs to be done can be identified by anyone.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.