Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Windows Vista - UAC Intergration

I am hoping someone could make a simple script that

- Checks if the hosts computer is running Vista at game startup

- If so, the script runs a command that Vista thinks is 'risky' and brings up the UAC box so that when the user logs in with a Admin or allows the Game or RPG Maker XP to use administrative power, therefore adding more compatibility to the game.

Yours, Sam.

Hi samamanjaro.
I doubt a script can relate to anything other than RMXP. Scripts cannot examine or change anything about your operating system in any way (meaning you can't make internet explorer pop up by using a script).

But, here's what I would do. In your game folder, add a wordpad document named READ THIS FIRST. Then in the document, make a note about Vista computers and how rmxp may not be compatible on some Vista computers. Give them the steps on how to run it in compatibilty mode for Windows XP (SP2) and how to run it with administrator rights.
If you don't know how to do this, just PM me and I'll tell you.
happy rmxp..ing?
-chuchan (aka esayi) =P

Scripts cannot examine or change anything about your operating system in any way (meaning you can't make internet explorer pop up by using a script).

That's wrong. :)

Though I can't think of a good reason why you'd want to force someone to log in as an admin.. if it's because of a saving issue, I think there's a solution posted on the scripts board.

Lambchop made a script that let RMXP games run without a hitch in Vista.

And you can use RGSS to open up internet explorer, and determine what operating system you are on. Don't listen to ppl who don't know shit.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.