Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Window_BattleStatus Mod request

Hello, i have a small request that i hope is not too much of a pain, i've been screwing with the Window_BattleStatus, just moving the hp and sp around and saw that the character status text could not be moved from side to side same as the name (tried), could someone please show me how to do this or change it for me?

And would it be possible to have a different font for the battle system? A standard font would be okay as long as i can make it smaller than what i'm using for the normal text, i'd appreciate it if someone could help me out here.

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u132 ... allpic.png[/IMG]

Edit: With a smaller font the character status would not be a problem because i could move it further down some more, so what i really need is to move the name and have the separate font.

You should have known that character status and name are drawn by methods called draw_actor_state and draw_actor_name, respectively. To alter the position, you want to change the X position of:
Code:
draw_actor_name(actor, [b]actor_x[/b], 0)
draw_actor_state(actor, [b]actor_x[/b], 96)
into
Code:
draw_actor_name(actor, [b]actor_x + 30[/b], 0)
draw_actor_state(actor, [b]actor_x + 30[/b], 96)
Experiment with 30 until you get the best result.

To have a different font, before self.contents.draw_text() you can add
Code:
self.contents.font.name = "Your font here"
But keep in mind that the font must exist in your computer.
Optionally, you can set font size (default is 22) with
Code:
self.contents.font.size = 18

InvisibleDrifter;284873":tasvhrmw said:
Thanks a lot man, i actually screwed with the draw_actor_name(actor, actor_x, 0) but yeah i don't know anything at all about scripting XD, thanks again.

We all have to start somewhere. Messing around with existing methods is the best way to learn. :)

True, i don't know much at all but i was able to switch the menu system around before, it's stupid simple but i was kind of proud of that XD.

Okay i have a problem here, i was able to move the name and character state but i can't seem to use a diff font or change the size of it for some reason, only other scripts i am using are the
Cogwheel bar script, and this Xrxs script for a translucent menu.

EDIT: Forget it, i can't chage these things but i've switched to a diff font that works well all around ^_^

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.