Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Window Skin Script

I was wondering If anybody's been able to make a script that restores a handy option from RM2K - tile the window skins instead of stretching them! Would anybody be able to attempt this, as I'm fairly certain you can't do it in RMXP naturally like you could in earlier versions.

Sorry if this script already exists, i searched for a while and didn't find it.

Look in my RM2K Facesets, Inn & Windowskins topic in my spoiler. Even if you don't want to use my entire script in the 1st post, the 2nd post has my system split into three smaller demos.

Now that I think about it, the 'Stretch/Tile' feature isn't in the original demo... just grab the smaller Windowskin demo in the 2nd post.

Oh, and you should use the script call that I use in the demo to turn the feature on and off. Passing actual 'false' values directly to RGSS global or instance values has a tendency to 'FREEZE' the system (an apparent RGSS flaw).

Give thanks to SephirothSpawn for warning me of the RGSS's annoying flaw and giving me tips on how to tile the skin.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.