Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

What manga series are you currently reading?

I don't know if this the right forum area to talk about this but what manga series is everyone who likes manga currently reading?

The one I am reading:

The Betrayal Knows My Name

No.6

Knights of Sidonia

Are you Alice?

Bloody Cross

Vampire Knight

Dance in the Vampire Bund

Kingdom Hearts II manga

That's about all I been reading.

I haven't read much of it. But I started reading Rin-ne by the same author who created Inuyasha and Ranma1/2.

It's basically about a Boy who helps spirits move on and a school girl Sakura who can see ghosts. But the thing is, it costs money to move on. So Rinne is dirt poor and just can't get a break. As soon as someone gives him a lot of money or even new clothes he'll have to hand it over for whatever reason to help a spirit move on. And sometimes he has to buy tools and it ends up costing him a lot. The only reason he lets Sakura tag along is because she'll give him money.

There's 19 vols so I'm sure the plot will deepen eventually. I mean, there are only so many ghosts that can haunt a school. It's always "10 years ago a student die here" or something. Seriously?
0__0; I was wrong. Pretty much a new ghost every week with some comical twist. I'm up to vol 10. Some of the stories get really stupid.

Spoo

Sponsor

So there are a few I actively keep track of.

Nisekoi is a fairly popular romcom deal involving a whole fuckton of characters involved with the police/yakuza/mafia who are involved with said groups almost exclusively as a means to be connected to the male lead who, obviously, is lusted after by every woman he talks to more than twice. It was actually a pretty solid manga early on, back when there was a focus on only three main characters. Recently each chapter is just another heroine getting her shot at the main guy, ending up not accomplishing anything/deciding (AGAIN) that she's not really interested, and moving on to the next girl for her turn. Pretend it ends at the play and stop reading.

Koe no Katachi, on the other hand, is a really touching story of a young man trying to reconcile with a deaf girl he bullied in grade school. It's forty-something chapters in right now and I've yet to reach a point at which I think any given character's decisions are nonsensical. For manga or anime writing, this is a pretty big deal for me. Of course, there are characters that are bitches, and there are characters who do really mean things for no obvious reason, but it all feels like those actions make sense. Give the one-shot a read at least. It's pretty damn great.

I've also got Taiyou no Ie, which is the story of a [high school] girl who goes to live with a [adult male] childhood friend of hers when her new stepmother and she don't click. Get past the obvious teenage angst and the love shenanigans between the male and female leads that you can see coming from two thousand miles away and you're in for a nice story about reconstructing a family broken by tragedy. And also one of the most hate-worthy supporting characters of all time.

Jitsu wa Watashi wa is a fairly new publication as best I can tell. It's a quirky little comedy about vampires, aliens and the like. There are several characters that have been introduced thus far -- pretty much all of them female, but none of them lacking in personality. The chemistry between the leads is great and it hasn't turned into a harem manga yet, so I give it a recommendation. You'll probably get a laugh or two out of it.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.