Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Weight System(solved)

I'm looking for a weight system for RPG Maker XP,so that every item has it's own weight and actor can't have with him more items if items he has weight more than actor can carry.I have looked over this forum and haven't found any that script.There exists item limitation system in script archive,but that is not what I'm looking for.

well an event system should do the trick all that has to happen is that each item is assignd a variable and the max variable is the max weight and each item variable is the weight for each item so there you have it. When I can I will test this for you and explane in greater detail or if it works at all if you figure it out on your own just say so in this thread. Also its three days for a bump not 2.

Darth J":33qjrgny said:
well an event system should do the trick all that has to happen is that each item is assignd a variable and the max variable is the max weight and each item variable is the weight for each item so there you have it. When I can I will test this for you and explane in greater detail or if it works at all if you figure it out on your own just say so in this thread. Also its three days for a bump not 2.

Yeah,I maked it and tested it,but how to make in shop processing so that you can't buy more than you can carry? A script would be nice,it would be very odd if script like that does not exist...Also some items in-game would have no weight

Examples of games where this system is used:Fallout 3,probably MMORPG-s like Runes of Magic...

MCsephiroth13":1zi410wo said:
What the crap? Did you look at the script archive? It's on the first page.

That is item limit system,not exactly what I was looking for.Read the first post.

It is really easy,I think that an experienced scripter could do it in a mere minutes...

GameFreak444":2xmhp9jm said:
MCsephiroth13":2xmhp9jm said:
What the crap? Did you look at the script archive? It's on the first page.

That is item limit system,not exactly what I was looking for.Read the first post.

I think he meant the Equipment Weights Script
Which also isn't exactly what you want, but could be used as a starting point.

It is really easy,I think that an experienced scripter could do it in a mere minutes...

If it were "really easy", you could do it yourself. You won't get any help with that attitude.

Right now, items are 'carried' by the party, not individual actors. So first you'd need individual inventories.
So, you'd have to move the item inventory from Game_Party to Game_Actor
Then you need to modify the Item function in the menu so the player can manipulate who carries which items
You'd also have to add a 'drop' function, so actors could 'lighten their load'
You'd have to modify the shop scripts to account for the actors current loads, and select who will carry each item purchased.
You'd have to modify the "Reward" script in battle to also choose who will carry each item plundered
You'd have to modify the "Use Item" script so that an actor could only use an item he carries (both map & battle)
There's probably a few things I missed too (I always do), that would creep up during programming.
Then there's "change control". Once a programmer gets this done, you'll come back with all the things you don't like, or didn't specify clearly and now want changed. Not to mention the other scripts you are using or plan to use that will conflict with this system that will require additional debugging.

A good request would have taken all these things into account, and also spelled out how you plan to determine each characters carrying ability.
At the very least, it would have used the "Request Template" provided in the "New Topic" function.

It would also be a good idea to summarize how this system will add value to your game. Have you designed your game with a specific database of items, and determined which items will be needed at which stage of the game? Have you included how the player will be able to make a determination which items are important to the rest of the story, and which are disposable? Or are you asking for a weight system just because you think it might be cool, or have seen it used in other games, and plan to figure out how to weave it into the game-play later?

You see where I'm going with this...??? (I can talk all day. I'm not proud.... or tired.) :scruff:

TTFN

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.