Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Weapon Level

I'm not sure if there's one out there but when I searched I turned up nothing so, here's my request:

Tales of Destiny ~Remake~ for the PS2 has a unique Swordian level up system. I wonder if it is possible for someone to script a similar effect? The reason for this is that my game has the character using the same weapon for the duration of the game, so I need the weapon to gain power and abilities as the game goes in.

Please forgive me if I've missed an obvious point somewhere...

Yeah, that'd be a simple way to put it... ^^"

EDIT:: Since I'm posting anyway, wouldn't hurt to add more detail. This is the way this is done:

A weapon has 6 levels, with the first level unlocked by default, allowing access to the first level of skills. As the character gains levels, they gain anywhere from 3-5 points, and they can learn the skills that are available in the first level, which varies depending on the weapon. Staves for example get offensive, healing and defensive spells, while swords get slashing attacks and the occasional elemental spell. Passive boosts are also available, so you can choose to get either. (In the game specified above, the only things available are the Passive boosts, not the skills.)

Once you've mastered the first level of skills, you gain access to the next. For example, if the character is at level 10, that unlocks the second level of skills for that weapon, and then if you've learned the corresponding skill for the first level (That is, you've learned Attack +2 in the first level), then you have the option of learning the second skill in the chain (For example Attack +5) However, you cannot learn it if you haven't learned Attack +2 in the first level, although if you've learned other Level 1 skills, you can learn the corresponding Level 2 skills.

Is that detailed enough?

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.