Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Weapon Evolution!

Hello RPG scripters and all. For a long time I thought I finally found every script that I needed. But just today realized that I was missing one thing, a Weapon Evolution script.

If you ever played Dark Cloud, then you'll know exactly what I mean. I really don't know how to explain it, I just hope that you've played Dark Cloud.

If you find the script or make one thanks. It doesn't have to be 100% perfect, just close enough.

-Thanks enough.

So, What is this script supposed to do? There are probably lots of good scripters who don't know Dark cloud, perhaps you could describe the script's function rather than just the game that it came from?

I figured that I'd have to explain....LOL

Weapons can be made stronger through the absorption of synthspheres, gems
and attachments when a weapon is upgraded.

Synthspheres, gems and attachments are what makes the weapon stronger. They can do things like (Attack +1), (Speed +1) (Magic +3) (Add Fire attribute) and even stuff like (Poison strike) and others. Weapons will absorb power, known as Abs, from the enemies they defeat.  After a weapon's Abs gauge is full, it can be upgraded.  If attachments are present, they will be absorbed into the weapon upon upgrade, and their effects will forever be a part of the weapon's stats.When a weapon's attack power, magic, speed, element attribute is met, the weapon can evolve into a different weapon. Most weapons can be evolved into one or two other weapons when the attributes of the weapon they can evolve into are met.

The first choice of the weapon to be evolved into is always the top choice when you choose to try to build-up the weapon.  If the weapon only has one choice into what it can evolve, then there will be no second choice listed.

This link is the evolution chart for the characters in dark cloud.

http://www.rpgclassics.com/shrines/ps2/dcloud/weapons.shtml.

That's an example of how the weapons evolve and what they turn into....

I'm not sure of the evolving part, but I have seen a nifty Weapon enhancement script that looks like it would work just like your explanation of synthspheres, however, aforementioned script seems to have gone missing, Here's the topic it was in: http://www.rmxp.org/forums/index.php?topic=33324.0 If you want it, you'll have to find it.

But yeah, that's part of your request I suppose, the evolving part will have to be by someone else.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.