Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Weapon Evolution Based On Soul Fragments

Tdata

Sponsor

What I am asking for may be a little complex but i will ask anyway.

First let me explain the Soul Fragment System.

Every creature has soul fragments that are released upon death.
The amount is determined by the catagory of the creature
F: Weak release few Soul Fragments
A slime for example would release around 3 +/- 3 Soul Fragments
E: Stronger than F but still relatively weak release a few more Soul Fragments than F
A Willowisp would release around 7 +/- 3 Soul Fragments
D: A bit stronger than E
A Plant would release around 11 +/- 5 Soul Fragments
C: What most creatures max out at.
A Puppet would release around 20 +/- 6 Soul Fragments
B: Usually calls for a powerful Knight or two to slay
A Chimera would release around 32 +/- 7 Soul Fragments
A: Thought to be only a myth to common people
A Lamia would release around 40 +/- 10 Soul Fragments
S: Completely unknown to common people
A Darklord would release around 60 +/- 11 Soul Fragments
You know, i forgot to mention what stats the Soul Fragments Alter.
Each soul fragment gives 5 +/- 4 Atk and Spirit. 

Weapon Evolution Part:

As you collect Soul Fragments, your weapons absorb them.  By doing so, they increase in power.

When a weapon reaches a certain level of power it evolves
Soul Blade
Into Soul Eater
Into Soul Slayer
Into Soul Destroyer
Each Level gives an extra boost to the weapon stats.
Soul Blade
Basic Soul Devouring weapon
Base Weapon Stats
Soul Eater
First Evolution of a Soul Blade
Requires 500 Soul Fragments
Base Stats + Soul Stats + 20 Atk + 20 Spirit
Soul Slayer
Second Evolution of a Soul Blade
Requires 2000 Soul Fragments
Base Stats + Soul Stats + 50 Atk + 50 Spirit
Soul Destroyer
Last Evolution of a Soul Blade
Requires 8000 Soul Fragments
Base Stats + Soul Stats + 150 Atk + 150 Spirit

When a Soul Blade Evolves, it uses up all of it's Soul Fragments.  If you end up with say 511 soul fragments while still a Soul Blade, You get the 511 Soul Fragments Stats, But still lose the extra 11.  They don't carry over.

So in addition to the systems above, I would like a way to see the number of Soul Fragments and a bar showing the progress. 

I will be glad to answer any questions, provide mock-ups and the like.  Just ask.

Okay... I know you're asking for a script...  But I don't know anything about scripting, however; I have done a system a bit like this minus the soul shards deal.  It seems that you could probably pull it off nicely with events.  If you're not interested, then just disregard this reply, I suppose. 

I believe you could just use items for your soulshards that enemies randomly drop.  Perhaps you could just do something like a crystalized form so that way when you used the item from the menu, another common event would turn them into a massive amount.  The only problem with this (which I'm sure can be changed via scripts) is the max 99 count for items in your inventory.

Okay. I just made a short demo with this system, solely using events.  If you want the demo or if you just want the event pages, pm me.  I'd be happy to help, but understand that you ARE looking for a script here

Oh.  Also, with this sytem, a HUD bar for your weapon's exp sort of status would be possible using a script that reads the variable "soulshards" for the bar graphic, but I didn't add that into the demo.

Good luck!

[EDIT]  Okay. I totally wrote "soulshard" everwhere I should have used "Soul Fragment"  Excuse that error please.  And please, don't sue me, Blizzard!

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.