Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Weapon-based skills; using sword skills with sword weapon

I think this has been made, but looking through the script forum, doing various searches, and looking at script listings returned nothing.

I need a script that will allow you to use skills only if you have a certain type of weapon equipped. Here's what I need it for, this should give it more meaning.

-Actor A has both Claw and Gun skills. Actor A has a claw equipped. Actor A uses a gun skill.

The above is unrealistic, and I want a system that will disallow skills based on what weapon you use.

What I've done is made gun skills and the gun weapon's use a set element, cleverly named Gun.

I'm fairly certain there is a script for this, again, I simply have not found it.

Other Scripts I am using (in order):
-Battlebacks VX by DerVVulfman
-Enemy HP bars by Jens009
-Custom Commands by Dargor
-Auto Battle by Dargor
-Map Name Popup by Dargor
-Advanced File by Dargor
-Battle Retry by Woratana (Combo breaker?)

Thank you in advance. Any help is appreciated.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.