Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Walking Script

Djeepy

RMXP or RMVX:
XP

Detailed Description:
I need a script that will have a permanent "effect" on my hero.
This said effect is that every few steps (let's say, 5) that my hero takes forward, he will take a step to the right (he does not TURN to the right, but only takes a step at his right; so he does not change direction.)

P.S: I tried playing with the Common Events system. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to be able to do such thing with it. If so, please let me know. :wink:

Other Scripts I am using:
None.

If you have any questions, please let me know.
Thanks!

Zeriab

Sponsor

It is easier to make a common than creating a modular script for this purpose:
right_step.png

Just set the switch to ON and it'll work.
Note that this WILL mess up cutscenes and therefore I advice turning OFF the switch during cutscenes and on afterwards.

*hugs*
- Zeriab

Djeepy

Thank you Zeriab, this works perfectly.
All I had to change was to add a condition for every direction that the hero can be because when I would walk to the left he would take a step backward instead of taking a step to his right, but now this works.

Again, thanks for the help!

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.