Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Walk Away.

I feel semi-obligated to post at least one of my pieces; and I figure I might as well go with (although I don't think its my personal best) one of my more well recieved poems. Keep in mind, this is an unedited - almost two years old, piece. But I think its deserving of some editing, so here-a-go

She runs away
In pourin' rain
Time frozen, one more second
And I am behind, alone just me
My eyes watering, no one can tell
And my lips quivering, slightly
Silence waits, beneath the rain
That rain mixed with salty tears
I turn, this is the end - I say
And walk away
In pourin' rain

Urgh. Don't hit me.

Seems like some solid poetry. One thing you could do is switch the order of the first two lines to create a full circle ending.

Hmm..what about cutting out the first line entirely? Reading it [without the first line], I think that would make the poem a more..revealing state. As currently, you get what it's about pretty much at the first line - when removing it wouldn't severely effect the mood of the poem. I think.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.