Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[VX] Tweaks to Monsters

Hello, I'd like a script for VX that tweaks the monsters a little bit.

I'd like the option to have the monsters to be able to inflict status ailments to your characters when they attack, similar to how a weapon you're using can poison the monster if you give it the option to do so. I'd like the script set up so that the monsters are in an array based on what the they're named... something like this:

States = { 'Poison' => ['Poison Moth', 'Poison Bee']
               'Stun' => ['Stunner', 'Sandman', 'RandomMonster#111']
             }

etc...

I also want the option to have monsters attack more than once during their turn, example: "Monster attacks! 78 damage to character! Monster breaths fire! 12 damage to all characters!". Dragon Quest and Golden Sun are fine examples of this. It would be nice if I can have the option for the monster to attack twice, three times, and four times. I'd like the script set up similar to the one above, maybe like...

Two Hits => ['Two Hitting Monster', 'Apple with Arms', 'Super Man']

Three Hits => ['Three Hitting Monster', 'Generic Final Boss']

Four Hits => ['A Really Hard Boss']

etc...

Of course, if its impossible or too hard to set it up like that, then that is understandable. I don't mind alternative methods.

I'll be very grateful if someone does this. Thank you for your time in reading and considering this!

EDIT: Sorry, lost a lot of sleep and was sick. :dead: I apologize for acting like a real bastard to you. I only didn't change this post before because I forgot about it. I hope you can forgive me. And Krobelus, you were right to chastise me in my opinion. khmp, I believe that if I make an error of this magnitude, insulting someone like that without being provoked, everyone should see me warned about it. I apologize once again.

@Shadow Lord - Don't flame someone for wanting a script rather than an event system. Haven't you learned anything from Spiders and SephirothSpawn's Eventing - Scripting argument?? In any case don't post if you have nothing to contribute for it's not your place to say as to why he should use events instead.

[On-Topic] I think the first one would be more useful, to me anyhow but good luck nonetheless!

-Krobe

khmp: Just report it Mr. Krobelus. No need to publicly chastise people... You can delete this when you see it.

Sorry Krobelus. Never heard of "Spiders and SephirothSpawn's Eventing - Scripting argument". Thus it taught me nothing. What was the gist of it? Or is it still available on the forum? I'm a relatively recent member, and am usually on RMVX.net instead of here.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.