Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[VX] Sprite Mover

Sprite Mover
Version 1.0
by Woratana
Release Date: 02/06/2008

Introduction
This is a little snippet I wrote for my project.
It's to fix the problem that sprite is too high or too low for the tiles behind.

I actually ran into this problem when I'm trying to put stuffs in 1 block height of cave's ground.
So I think to use script is easier than edit the sprite image~ :D

Enjoy~  :lol:

Screenshots
http://i25.tinypic.com/zjuhqq.jpg[/img]
The red fire use Sprite Mover, the blue fire doesn't~

Script
Place it above main
http://i28.tinypic.com/25thhqt.jpg[/img]
Code:
#===============================================================
# â—

Uhmmm, I'm a little confused. So it moves a sprite yea? What's so special? (I'm trying my best to find it, seeing as how it IS your script, so there must be something I'm missing... hopefully xD)

-Krobe

It can move sprite in pixel without edit the sprite itself. :D

I don't know how often you get on mapping,
but you can run to the problem that some objects you want to put on the tile below looks too high or too low to fit.

Ohh, I get it now! That's actually really useful, especially if you want to make a messy room, with things literally everywhere. And I forgot it was for VX xD

Another useful snippet. Thanks! =D
-Krobe

Depends really... in a mathematical sense with the axis cross, you have the y-axis going upwards (don't confuse it with z, though, as the axis cross is just a stood-up version of a flat shape, if you want), while RGSS sets the zero point/origin at the upper-left corner, going downwards. It's a perspective thing really, because theoretically, you could put y as a horizontal shifter in a scripting language (which would of course make no sense at all, but meh), but there's nothing wrong with increasing y making sprites go southwards on your screen in RGSS.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.