Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[VX] Skills requiring reagents

Joy

Good day,

What I am hoping to gain is a script for VX which would make certain skills require and use up reagent items. After setting up skills in the script, when the player selects a certain skill, the script would check that the required reagent is in the inventory, subtract the reagent used, then perform the skill. If no reagent is present, the script would call a message of "You lack the material components" or the like.

Examples:

*Use Skill "Vanish" which require Illusion dust*
*script checks inventory for illusion dust, there are four in the inventory*
*script removes one dust leaving player with three*
*Skill is performed*

*Use skill "Poisoned Dagger" which requires a vial of poison*
*Script checks for reagent, Player has no vials of poison in the inventory*
*Skill is not performed, instead the message "You lack the component" is displayed*

As for the way skills are set up in the script, just something simple, the points I'd like customizable would be:

Skill ID
Material component Item ID
Material Component quantity used
Message for insufficient materials

Thank you to anyone who can do this for me, I will give credit in the game "The Athenaeum" for it.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.