Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[VX] Skill Learning/Usage Scripts HELP PLEASE!

Okay, I need a script (or scripts) that do these things:

1. Armor that teaches skills when equipped. You can't use them until they're learned. While you battle with them equipped, I need enemies to give you AP. The skills should have a multiplier (*1, *5, *10, etc.) that multiplies the AP that they(the skill) gain by the number multiplier. When they have 100 (or over) AP, they gain the skill. Preferably this will all be done through Note section tags, like the KGC (which is different).

2. While equipped, and only while equipped, the armor lets you cast a special skill. You can't learn this one, but it's there to use while the armor is equipped. If possible, I want it to be used only once per battle.

These are kind of like an FFVI Esper. I want that system in my game, and since poccil already gave me a stat gain, I just need this. Thanks in advance!

Oh yeah. This is for VX.

-Shadow Lord

Uh, I don't know how to do this with scripts.

I do, however, know how to do this with common events.  In XP, but I'm fairly sure that this idea works with VX, too.  This won't be as elegant as a script, but until a scripter comes along who can help you, perhaps you can work with this idea.

1)  Have a battle event in each fight that adds to your APs in various skills.  Have a parallel process common event running that looks at the AP totals, then teaches a character the skills needed when the character reaches 100 APs.  A bit complicated, but quite workable.  (The more skills you're using, though, the more complicated it gets.)

2)  This one is really, really simple.  Parallel process common event.  Conditional branch.  Does this character have this armor equipped?  If yes, they get the "Bone Armor of Doom" skill.  If not, they forget the "Bone Armor of Doom" skill. 

Want the skill to be one use per battle?  Have the "Bone Armor of Doom" skill cause the user to forget the "Bone Armor of Doom" skill with a common event.  The common event will go after the skill runs, so you won't be able to use it more than once per fight, and then the parallel event will re-teach it to the character once the fight ends.  (Parallel process events not running during fights, you see.)

Does that help at all?

@Unka Josh-Your idea would work, but I am using over one hundred skills, so that would take a long time. :dead: I may use the second one, however.

@Blitz_Star_7-I need a monster give AP system. I'm sure that the script could be edited to include that, but I have no scripting skills in RGSS/2. :sad:

Sorry I took so long to reply!

-Shadow Lord

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.