Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[VX] Skill Learning system...

In my small game I am making, I'm using a system sort of like Parasite Eve 2 for learning skills, but instead of your exp being used, it is skill points earned each level up.

I would like it to use the skill screen, but with a few changes.
When you click on 'Skill' in the menu and you select an actor, it brings up a box which has the choices 'Use' and 'Learn'.
Clicking use will take you to the standard menu, but learn will take you to one which has a bar with Water, Wind, Earth and Fire on it, and the skills of each element below, with their Next Level, MP cost, SP cost, Action Cost and Attack/Curing Power.
By using up/down and 'select' to choose one, a confirmation box appears and when yes is answered, the skill is leveled up to it's next level.
Left/Right change element and each element has 4 skills, 3 basic which go upto 3rd level, and 1 ultimate, which is only available after the other 3 are mastered, and only has 2 levels.

FYI, skill points are set up as skpoints in my scripts. (in otherwords, when they are called, they call actor.skpoints for example)

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.