Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[VX] Simple Mouse System

Gray

Script 'THINGY OF DEATH!' line 122:TypError has occured

Undefinded superclass 'Window_base'

What do I do , I have no scripting knowlodge whatsoever!... Except that the problem in line 122... That's all! :cry:

EDIT: Fixed! I put it in materils this time... lol But then I got another problem. Then I figured that out too. Script errors , you are no match for my brain power!... *windows has a blue screen of death moment*

Edit 2: Where can I get pics of crusors?

@Doc Spoc: Download the demo to get of the picture cursor or you can edit the script and make your cursor. you can change the cursor image or add your own by editting the "$mouse_icon = 'fox_cursor'" and change the fox cursor to your own, But you have to provide the image with the same. As for the error. I have no scirpting skills so far

Mechz

Aye, I downloaded this script because I think it would be a lot more cozy for the custom battle system I'm working on. It is AMAZINGLY intuitive! One thing I thought I should mention--- The cursor disappears when you open up the FPS display. I'm very new to the scripting scene, but do you think it's possible to either get the cursor to ignore what ever line makes it disappear; Or even make it so pressing F2 for the FPS display is disabled via a programmer-defined boolean?

its because its using the game.ini to find the window name and then use that window as the cursor position... if you add the game name (which he has) it means it works correctly for all game.exes currently open BUT if you pres F2 that changes the window name but not within the ini (e.g. it wont find the window anymore).

this is easily fixed but its up to woratana if he wants to remove the ini search (it'll make it less secure for more than one .exe though)

Hey woratana... Nice script, but when put together with Neo Save System (made by you) it crashes with a NoMethodError.  I know this because when I go to save it, almost as soon as the NSS save menu shows, it gives this error:

Script 'Wora - Simple Mouse System' line 304: NoMethodError occurred.

undefined method '-' for nil:NilClass

While I was typing this, I re-read the script and saw that I could simply disable the mouse on the Scene_File class. >,<  I had to comment it out (=begin,=end) or I'd still get the error, whether or not I excluded it on the Mouse module.
Anyways, thanks for the script... This error is kind of minor and it's skipable I'd say.  All you lose is seeing the little mouse cursor when trying to save the game.

Thanks a lot for all feedbacks. I'm going to release it pretty soon, since I just removed it from my project. :p

@MukanshinBlack
  I'm glad you solved it. :D

So when would the next version come out =P?
Cause its kinda annoying that you have to click on an event thousand of times before you start talking to it cause i cant talk to it while they are moving... And afterall... Cant at all (nearly)

btw, Awesome script ^^

Taylor

Sponsor

I want to create events that turn on their Self Switch "A" when the mouse is within a certain range, and of course off again when out of range. With this I hope to then move on to a Look/Interact mini-menu. (Or maybe those two options could be controlled by either of the mouse buttons, I haven't decided yet.)

However I can't get "Mouse.tiles[x,y]" to work for me, and I'm wondering if I am doing something wrong?
I have "Mouse.tiles[37,7]" in a Conditional Branch of an event. Page 2 has a different graphic that activates under Self Switch A, page 3 is the same as before, but SS B and a different graphic again.
Neither "possibilities" of the branch will activate, the only thing that ever occurs is when the mouse is out of the window; and that is an error:
NoMethodError - undefined method '[]' for nil:NilClass

I'm really hoping the next version has the feature that the mouse cursor changes when over and event I.E. from and arrow(normal) to a sword for battle, and to a chat bubble for NPC interaction, or a "door" for entrances/exits.  lol I'm still using v 1.00 and lovin it.

Also if anyone has a different link to his more uptodate version other then the one for www.rpgrevolution.com/ that would be nice. I'm a member there too and no matter what link I click on for it, it just shows me the sites home page >.<

Thanks in advance.
-L0rdPh0enix

I'd just like to know something about this script. Supposedly, you should also be able to use it in RMXP, because it's not edited, but when I try it in XP, it gives me an error message. I copied the Cache and other modules from VX to XP to make it work, but I still get this error message.

Guys, stop necroposting, the last post (before l0rdph0enix's post) was at least 3 months old.
Besides that I don't think Woratana is still supporting this script since his last reply was on May.

I must say! Preaty Impressive! I never thought about a mouse system for VX let alone think someone would MAKE one! Very nice! You seem to amaze me script after script.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.