Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[VX] Party Selection Script

With all due respect to Prexus, I've made a change to the script to prevent an empty party.

Find this:
Code:
    if @party_window.active
      if Input.trigger?(Input::B)
        Sound.play_cancel
        $scene = Scene_Map.new

And replace it with this:
Code:
    if @party_window.active
      if Input.trigger?(Input::B)
        if $game_party.members.size == 0
          Sound.play_buzzer
          return
        else
          Sound.play_cancel
          $scene = Scene_Map.new
        end

Now you won't be able to leave the party window with an empty party. Now, I'm not a very good programmer, so if you want your party to be empty, then don't call up the party window unless you intend to put members into your party.

How are you doing it?

So you know, to make a character available for the first time, you have to do this (in both examples, the first character in the database is made available):
Code:
$data_actors[1].found = true

To make them available again after making them unavailable, just do this:
Code:
$data_actors[1].unavailable = false

One common mistake that people make (I know I've made it quite a few times) is to put a period in place of an underscore, or vice-versa.

P.S. Sorry if I'm stealing your thunder or anything, Prexus.

I have tried everything you said to do but for some resoan it wont let me put a char back into the party. itll let me take them out but not back in. Even after i did the event $data.actors[].found=true anyone have any ideas

Bredd

I get an error when I use this script on my project, on line 443 of Game_Actor [WTF?] ahaha. Help s appreciated. Does it have anything to do with my other scripts?

Syvkal's Ring Menu rpgrevolution.com
Syvkal's Menu Bar rpgrevolution.com
modern algebra's Equipment Constraints rmrk.net
modern algrebra's Skill Tech rmrk.net
Woratana's screen lock rpgrevolution.com

I don't know the exact links to any of those scripts but I dont even know if its really the fault of my other scripts. I can play without the party manager, but when I put it in, I get the error ^

Hello, my nickname is xabiling and I have a doubt about this script.
I'd like it to show the names of the characters instead of charas, nothing more. So I do best for my game.
The script is also excellent

Sorry for my English, I am Spanish, thanks <^_^>

Quick Question is there a way to put some directly into the reserves like you got a new party member but your parties full so the go directly to reserves?

hello... im having troubles with this script. its a great script and would be perfect for my game but sadly im having conflictions with Omega Equipment Customization Scripts these scripts allow for prefix and suffix type weapons and armor and also alow you to socket them... and for some reason its causing a conflict with the party script... and it tells me that one of the omega scripts is the problem... is there a way i could get help to fix. for more details just ask... i wouldnt know what to put here untill you ask for it....

Moitai

This script gives me an error.

After an hour of gameplay in my game, a third character joins the party. For some reason
no matter what I do he comes unequipped. I did initialize, and I also used events to equip
him but nothing. He appeared unequiped in the battles. I erased the script. Tried it again
and it worked, perfectly normal. So I know it's because of this script.

Earlier in the game a character joins the party and has no problems with equipment. I think
it has something to do with gameplay time or something. Because it works in other test maps.

Moitai

Ok I REALLY don't mean to double post here. But this time the script has given me a crucial error. Because the error a mentioned a couple days ago was aceptable, since I could just add the weapons and armors I needed by eventing and leave a message to equip the character.

But now theres an error I can't deal with. It goes like this, i'm play testing ( 2 hours 45 min advanced in the game ) and I need to add a new character. I use the $data_actors[ID].found = true command and it says the following: "NoMethodError ocurred while running script undefined error ' found =' for nil:NilClass"

Heres a screenshot:

errort.png

The thing is, I then made a TEST map, put the player starting position there and copied the exact same event in that TEST map... and I started a new game and it worked. Without any problems. So im guessing that the script stops working properly in an advanced played game, somehow for me at least it only workings at the beginning or near the beginning of the game. Then it first gave me the error about the character that I add, who I have at initial level 8 and equipped in the database but comes at level 1 unequipped even though I select initialize ( but I was able to solve that via eventing ). Now it won't even let me add a character to the reserves. As I said I think it has to do with how long the game has been running.

Please if you can, respond... this script is ( along with the tanketai ATB ) the most important one for my project. Because in it, some characters join the party for the first time late in the game.

Thanks.

EDIT: Ok I found out what the error was. When I began play testing my game... I didn't have all the characters made. And apparently, if you start a new game and save, and then go to the database and create a new character... the saved game won't recognize it... it seems that by using this script, the actor database has to be made 100% before saving a game, so you can add characters because if you make them later, the script won't find them.

Devlin

Hello Moitai. It seems you still have Prexus' script? Won't you mind to upload it to here?

Prexus' script link is broken so none of us have an access to it.

What must I do if i want only 3 slots are available in the screen. Im using 3 battlers only so how can i delete the fourth slot in the selection menu?

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.