Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[VX] Map Name Popup

AdamationStudios":3rx6mcpf said:
Hey Dargor, great script.
I've put the script into the blank place in RMVX.
I've customized all the Excluse_Maps stuff.
Now what?
When I test the game, nothing happens.
Can you help?
Thanks in advance,
    ~AdamationStudios
I believe you just have to take a look up two posts.

A very useful script; thank you for sharing it. I have a few questions, though, if I may.

I've gotten the basic functions down, but to say I'm inexperienced in scripting would be flattering me, so if these questions seem completely air headed, that'd be why.

Is there a way to set up something like a conditional branch for when the message appears? Say, when the player enters from area X, the message displays, but if they enter from area Y, it won't?

Is it possible to use it with switches? Say, after this switch activates, the window appears?

Areas are located within maps. They are usually used in world maps to create different regions with different sets of monsters. If you right-click on a map in the map tree, you'll have the option to create a new area.

Ok! I've updated the script.
You can now prevent the window from showing up using
Code:
$game_system.map_name_disabled = true/false
$game_system.area_name_disabled = true/false
You can also force the window to show up using
Code:
$scene.show_map_name
$scene.show_area_name
Note that these two methods can be called with an argument to force the window to open even if they have already been opened.
Code:
$scene.show_map_name(true)
$scene.show_area_name(true)

Is there any way I could edit this that doesn't require me to know anything about scripting that will get the map name to show up the same way the area name does, in the corner with no window or anything?

J4iru5

Great script, very useful.
Quick question though (more of a request, please) is there a way to change the window that pops up, to like a more fancy kind, and allow it to come in from the right instead of just poping up?

Is it possible to change the window background so instead of using my deault it will use a different one?

further would it be possible to setup a hash where different maps like whole groups of maps could use one window then others use another?
so i could have one for cavers one for firey one for shadows one for towns one for castles....? see how cool it could bee?

Lastly could a slid in from the side option be made available?

I think with all that this script would have the functionality ill need.

BTW you ever need some graphics work ill galdly help out to mybest :)

Code:
odule Map_Name_Popup
  # These maps will not popup the name window
  Exclude_Maps = []
  # These areas will not popup the name window
  Exclude_Areas = []
  # Revert exclusion
  Revert_Exclusion = false
end

So how am I supposed to exclude maps and areas?

Code:
odule Map_Name_Popup
  # These maps will not popup the name window
  Exclude_Maps = [Map1, Map2]
  # These areas will not popup the name window
  Exclude_Areas = [Area 3, area 4]
  # Revert exclusion
  Revert_Exclusion = false
end

Like that or what? Cause every time I do that I get errors

Dargor":1aazfjdl said:
You have to put the ID of the areas/maps, not the name.

Ok... cause I'm new... and I'm not scripter ....how do I figure that out. Plus my friend who knows more about VX then me isn't on right now.

PS thanks.

EDIT: I think I know.

EDIT 2: Yes I figured it out, Heh... I just looked at the Transfer Player thing, and says the ID, ok thanks for the help.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.