Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[VX] Light Effects VX

I found a workaround for the light on a person.  It requires predictable points of entry.  Basically I created an event next to the stairs with no graphic, but set its move route to go to the player.  If the speed and frequency were very high it worked well.

You might be able to make an event teleport to his location, but I don't know how to do that.  The only problem this had was when the character sprinted, the light sometimes lagged behind the character.  Not perfect in any sense, but a viable workaround.

I was looking at the script. What is the difference or should i say what's the use in 'for @setup light', 'for @light effect', 'for @update light effect' snippets.

Can someone give tutorial on how to customize these? I love your lighting effect and wish to create my own style of lights based on your script.

Gray

Good job on this script! It's giving me a a new idea to make my game more horrifying.

Also, can you make the script where the show text box blocks the light?

EDIT: Also, to make some areas darker, instead of lighter? That'd be kick a**.

Gray

When's the next update?

EDIT: Could you convert this to XP? This one seems better than NF's one, and that one is hard to find.

Tdata

Sponsor

You really should use a different le.png for light2.  You get so much blur...  BTW, i know that "You could do that yourself." but, i'm just making others aware.  I've already made my alteration...

Erm... this script doesn't get along with Tankentai's battle system. You might wanna fix that...

*EDIT:* Never mind, that was TDS' reflection script that was causing the problem.

Fine job. Works nice.
Just one (technicalà question..

I see you create a new object variable (@light_effects) in the Spriteset_Map class. This variable is a list  of  instances of the Light_Effect  class, containig themselves the instance of Sprite beeing displayed. I am right.

But as the original Spriteset_Map class doesn't know the @light_effects variable; and as I don't see any explicite call to an update of the Light_effect @light, I do not understand what make those sprites behing displayed.

Could you explain ??
I am trying to use Sprites myself (although in a different way), but I can't make them appear...

No need to answer my question. It seems everything graphical ends up as a Sprite. And I guess the simple fact being a Sprite means you are automatically refreshed by the Graphics module...

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.