Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[VX] Kylock's Time System 1.5

Timothy Musclerash":uj80tmun said:
I'm having some trouble getting this to work with a certain event. Basically, if you choose to have dinner with the family, the time jumps to 7. However, instead of the events disappearing from their Daytime places and going to their Sunset places, they stay put until I exit the area and come back. I tried making the event manually shut off Daytime switch and turn on Sunset switch, but then when I exit and come back they've reset to their Daytime positions, when they should still be at the table eating dinner.

I probably haven't explained thoroughly enough, but I think I'm doing it right and it's frustrating trying to make it work how I want it to :/

Setting switches manually won't work, because the time system is continually updating them.  As soon as you turn it off, it'll turn right back on.  if the clock is changing to 7am, I'm assuming its the next morning, if you need to refresh the events, make a bedroom that the player is teleported to or something... the events don't constantly update in the way that it sounds like you're trying to make them work.  Also, I've experienced events just disappearing while you walk by, it doesn't really give your game that "finished" feel.

kaze950":3ert9kec said:
Do you still have that original XP script? I can't seem to find a working link to a time/dns script for XP on this site.

I'll look, I'm sure I have it somewhere.

[kaze950: PM sent]

Updated to 1.5

#  1.4 - Fixed Battle Test compatibility (simulates normal daylight for battle
#          test instead of darkness).
#        Now switches and variables will only update when the map loads so that
#          events don't suddenly dissappear when their time is up.
#        Added $kts_anti_tone - returns an inverse tone color to allow sprites
#          to appear normally on a tinted screen.
#  1.5 - Rewrote the regexp that finds the [KTS] in the map name.  Hopefully
#          this resolves the wrong maps being tinted problem.

http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/3360/dfsjg1.th.jpg[/img]

I don't understand this part of the code.

From what I understood this is what I did:
a. I created a variable named "Minutes" and sets a value to it.
b. I created a switch named "Night" and sets its value ON during 1800 - 2300

And it worked but I don't really get the method just the process and i want to fully understand your script. Can give me more tutorial on how to use the time and days in events as shown in your example above?

Also, when i look at the menu the time format is xx:xx. So where is the hours in the format? Coz you have in the script SECONDS, minutes, and hours. I'm kinda confused and need clarification. hehe. Sorry.

Kinda noobish question.

P.S. Kylock, in your upcoming versions can you also add BGM change in each time periods if you like? it would lessen the events in every map.

darky000":2fnv3h5a said:
P.S. Kylock, in your upcoming versions can you also add BGM change in each time periods if you like? it would lessen the events in every map.

Try making an autorun common event.

[edit]
A parallel process event may work out better, but it really shouldn't be that difficult.

How to change in-game hours with an event ? Changing variables doesn't work... And i dunno which script or commentary to insert to make it work.

Sorry for this reply but i found :

â—

Ok well I know you said you weren't going to have the specifics, but if yours will never have the Days, months, what have you, do you know any time systems that do? Either that or maybe expand on it, this could be lite the other not. Some people like the more optioned version.

Nice script Kylock. I have one question though. Is it possible to have objects on the map reappear after a certain amount of time. In my game you can pick up certain plants which have different effects like healing powers etc. My question is that could you have an event dissapear after the plant is picked but reappear after a set time period (i.e 6 hours) to simulate the growth of the plant? If it is possible via the sample event then please forgive me but i'm not very skilled when it comes to eventing and scripting.

Edit: Never mind I won't be needing to use such an event any more so I don't need to know how to do this.

Styno":3rc81w84 said:
please fix it, I need it! :'(

Necroposting is frowned upon here. If you really need the time system, make a request in the lost scripts thread, as someone probably has it somewhere. I also suggest you look around at other time systems. For example, I have some scripts in the kit I link to in my signature that can mimic pretty much every function of this script.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.