Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[VX] 'Jump implementation' script v1.0

ikos

I can't seem to jump while dashing. Is that because it's running the dash process or because the shift key is held down?

this is nice, good addition to my game :)

Ducktor":30ooa7j4 said:
Thanks, I've tried to recreate Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest's jump (also known as Mystic Quest Legend). First I played that game in German. I understood nothing :lol: But it has an awesome gameplay. Super Nintendo has the best RPG games.  :smile:

you should try recreating the battle system as well, like the front view, step forward thing from it 8)

Hey, I'm not sure how hard this is, but this would be an epic script if it had these four functions:

- Non jumpable tiles (that you are standing on)
- If you jump while not moving, you only jump upward, but if you are moving, you jump toward that direction you are facing
- A jumping sprite
- Gliding functionality

Great script btw, adds SO much more variables to a game, thanks!

Sam.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.