Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[VX] Gubid's TBS "AT List" Addon

I have no idea where GubiD is or when he's gonna be back, so I guess I'll go ahead and make a request for this.

Script Title:
AT List for GubiD's Tactical Battle System-- Original script http://www.rmxp.org/forums/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=1013041
RMXP or RMVX:
This is for the VX version of the script.
Detailed Description:
Those of you who have played Final Fantasy Tactics will know what I'm referring to here. I'm basically looking for a script that creates an in-battle menu of whose turn is coming up next. Enemy names are displayed in red so you can distinguish between them. I don't want it red for this (I'm using a blue windowskin), but some kind of indication that it's an enemy would be good. I know that Dargor has one that works for default/normal battle systems, so I'm looking for something similar to that.

However, there are a couple spots that I need a little different. For one, I don't want this to be present all the time, but instead be shown with, perhaps, the C button. Also, though this isn't quite necessary, it would need to show when skills that have a charge time would be executed. For example, if I had a fire spell that had a cast time, I would want it to show when in the turn order that fire spell would be used. It would display what skill is being used by that person at time of execution as well.

Ideally I would just like Dargor's script in working form with GTBS, but the speeds are calculated a little differently to my knowledge. Having it have to be called is necessary as visibility would be an issue otherwise.

That's about as detailed as I can get. It's not a very complex idea, so hopefully someone can do this pretty easily.

Screen shots:
It's pretty self explanatory, but:
atlistnh9.jpg

As you can see, enemy names are displayed in red. This list is summonable during a player-controlled character's turn. I didn't have any charge skills when I took this screenshot, but I'm sure by now you understand.

Other Scripts I am using (in order):
I'm using GTBS in its entirety, as well as several Dargor VX scripts that shouldn't have any compatability issues. GTBS is the main conflict here, but this system is FOR that battle system in the first place, so I don't think there will be issue here.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.