Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

(VX)"Equippable" skills via a point system

Hello,

I'm looking for a script that allows you to only have access to passive skills that you have equipped.

For example:

Bob has 10 AP, he wants to equip "Rage", which costs 2 AP to "equip".
After equipping Rage, Bob now has one extra attack, but one less defense and now has 8 AP remaining. (2/10).
If Bob decides to take off Rage, because he now changed to a mage type class, he would get those 2 AP back, bringing him to his old total of 10.

This isn't exactly a new idea I know, as it's been in a few other RPGs, but I can't seem to track one down for VX. :(

My main goal for this script would be for passive skills, mainly KGC's. I like the idea of having passive skills that do cool stuff, but I want to be able to make a lot of them, so the player would have to customize how they'd want their character set up, especially since I don't want the passive skills to just have beneficial stats, and I don't want the player to permanently have a negative stat, in case they wanted to change that character's class.

Thanks very much for any help

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.