Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[VX] Equipment Weight/Weight Capacity Script Request

Hey guys,

I'm looking for a VX script for equipment/inventory weights. I've found multiple systems for XP, but I desperately need VX. I think it's about time this forum start using the new program anyway. We're seriously lacking a lot of scripts for VX that we have an abundance of for XP.

Anyway.... It really doesn't need to be anything overly advanced. Just a very basic, generic weight system that:

1. Allows the user to designate a weight by using a simple number to represent the weight in lbs. This would be easiest, I think, if I could just type the weight into the comments for the items/weapons/other eq. But whatever's easiest. I just hate having to edit scripts everytime I add something to the game.
2. The script needs to check for the weight capacity. If the inventory of the player exceeds a certain amount, the player's movement slows. I'd like it to eventually stop the character's movement... but I don't know how I'd solve that as a player... you can't really delete items, and using an item is ridiculously difficult, especially in a game where potions are obsolete. If you have a solution to this, then I'd love to hear it.
3. I'd also like to request something that isn't needed, but would be highly appreciated. Depending on how much weight is EQUIPPED, not just carried, would activate a multiplyer for the player's agility score. So the less the weight, the higher the agility, which means the harder they are to hit, and the faster they are to strike. (I'm using an ABS and I'll figure the attacking part out.)

Other than that, I think that's all I need.

Oh, and of course, I'd need a window in the items screen that says how much weight is being carried. How much weight is equipped. And how much maximum weight the character can hold.

Thanks everyone. If any additional info is needed. Or anything at all, please let me know.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.