Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[VX] Equipment Skills + Mastery

Equipment Skills + Mastery

Introduction

This script allows skills to be learned simply by equipping a weapon or armor.  The catch is that the skill will be forgotten if the item is removed! But how can you make it stay there?  Simple.  By using the skill many times (definable per skill), a character will master the skill and he will have it forever!

Screenshots

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a229/meismeofcourse/AP_stuff.png[/img]
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a229/ ... stuff2.png[/img]

Demo and Script

DOWNLOAD IT HERE!

Notes

If you don't set a value for the AP of a skill, that skill cannot be mastered.  Do this for hyper ultimate skills, or something.

Great script Yeyinde I was definetely waiting for something like this, keep up the good work, I'll let you know if I find bugs.

I vote this the first truly excellent script for RPG Maker VX.

Those side view battle systems don't interest me at all.  Could've used events ftw.

At least I could've.  *puts script in game and walks away*

Really nice script, and its funny because I was looking for something like this lol. Easy to use, and I agree with everything said above. Very useful script.

Nice script, I'm just wondering, how would I modify it so you can ony learn a skill if you have a certain other skill, eg, learning Lvl 2 Heal only when you have Lvl 1 Heal?

No problem, a few more suggestions:
An option for AP gain when monsters are killed, with a default amount.
Erasing lower level skills when skills are learnt, so Learning 2nd Level Heal erases 1st Level, etc..

If these things get added, then my games skill system is complete.

cocicookie":1mk94iqj said:
No problem, a few more suggestions:
An option for AP gain when monsters are killed, with a default amount.
Erasing lower level skills when skills are learnt, so Learning 2nd Level Heal erases 1st Level, etc..

If these things get added, then my games skill system is complete.

I agree with the first thing said. Implement a way to get AP after a monster is killed, and this system will be extremely nice.

I will not be doing the AP gain when enemies are killed.  Why?  Because this is not an AP system.  This is a skill mastery system!  I might, however, add the lower skill removal to the list.  That sounds like an option people would like.

I must agree with cocicookie. That would be a nice addition. Kinda nice if you made a tweeked script for just skill master(as in heal I is used by char x times then they get heal II) Nice script and very usefull!

OMG I love this script !
I'm defenly going to test it out :p ..
(Kinda reminds me to charlie lee's skills learning script (which was awsome)

Taylor

Sponsor

I think this might be incompatible with the Japanese sideview battle system posted here. I created a skill that is mastered after 4 uses, but it only counts the first use- after that the counter doesn't go any higher.

That script "The Sideview Battle System your referring to" completely rewrites the skills part so compatibility will be near impossible

I installed the script, tested it out, played around with it, enjoy the concept. My one concern/question is if there is a way to stop the default learning? The actor I used to test it with is a paladin, I put the skill for heal on a weapon and tested it out. When I go to play the actor already knows the skill, no learning at all. Is there a way to work this script to where the actor only learns the skill through equipment?

Also, I have no other custom scripts, nor have I changed any default scripts.

~Evil

This script rocks, I'm loving it. I think a cool addition would be seeing what abilities the weapon/armor will give you prior to equipping it, a la Final Fantasy IX. Still though, I'm definitely using this.

evillatenighttv
go into the database, go to classes, paladin, then in the skills box go to heal right click it then delete it. should solve your problom.

edit: something about this is screwy, whenever i try to make it teach a skill with weapon 6 it screws up with syntax errors

Kinda reminds me of the way FF9 was setup. I liked FF9 all the weapons and so forth not as fun to cheat at FF9 because u most likely will miss some skills because u ddint get a weapon

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.