Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[VX] Enhanced Weapons and Armor

I'm looking for a script that's similar to Charlie Lee's Customizable Weapons script for XP. For better reference, games with a similar system are Final Fantasy X, Ragnarok Online, Diablo II, and World of Warcraft. I would link to Charlie Lee's thread, but it has been retired and information regarding the script has been removed.

In this system, weapons and armors have slots. You can place upgrade items in these slots; for example, a stone that gives +5 attack in a weapon's slot or a stone that gives +5 defense in an armor's slot. These items can be either removable at will or fixed and permanent. Charlie Lee's script also had a separate scene for upgrading that displayed current upgradeable weapons and gave an interface for slot placement; this isn't entirely necessary, but would be very useful.

If any addition information is necessary, please let me know. Thanks!

EDIT: This other thread has a very similar system that I can't read. Any help? http://www.rmxp.org/forums/index.php?topic=51128.0

hanmac":ztl9b0d9 said:
i make one day a sys that every item that you found is a own item:
as: weapons with the same number have diferent Atk

with this i can make this.. (if i lose my rl)

I'm not really sure if I understand what you're saying here, but from what I get, the system that you could make might be a little too "simple" for what I'm going for here.

If your system allows for weapons with the same ID number in the database to have different values, then that would mean, if I'm assuming correctly, that if I wanted an item to have four possible slots for upgrades, I would have to make a new weapon in the script or system for every possible combination of upgrades, which would be incredibly tedious. Also, I don't know how an interface for this would work.

Thanks for your offer, though, but I don't think it's quite what I'm looking for.

I'd like this, too. As you said tofurkey, it would be much easier than making another weapon/armor piece/item for each combination of upgrades. Also, hanmac, please try to improve a little on your English, some of what you said didn't make any sense to me.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.