Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[VX] Breath of Fire 3 - Dragon Gene System

Breath of Fire 3 - Dragon Gene System
Version 1.4
By TywinLannister

Screenshots
http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm231/TywinLannister/Screeny.jpg[/img]
http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm23 ... eeny-1.jpg[/img]

What it does
This script emulates the gene splicing system in Breath of Fire 3. That is, you can choose to transform into a dragon in battle. You can splice up to three genes together in order to make dragons. Only one sprite is included for dragons as I am not a spriter  :lol:

Version History
Version 1.0
Initial Release

Version 1.1
  • All genes now have combinations. If a specific combination doesn't exist, the dragon gains abilities based on the genes selected.
  • Gene descriptions are now displayed when selected.
  • Fusion gene has been added (gain abilities based on what characters are in your party)

Version 1.2
  • Fixed a bug where if you exit the dragon gene selection scene you lose the MP

Version 1.3
  • Cleaned up the code. Now more user friendly.
  • Mp damage from genes now shown each turn.
  • Now a couple of different dragon colors.
  • Added animation for gene splicing.

Version 1.4
  • Now multiple characters can use the accession skill

Download Link
http://www.sendspace.com/file/xlcs3w

Thanks
ElementalCrisis for a simple yet effective side view battle system!
shadowedchaosknight for the dragon sprites

Request
As i am a terrible spriter, if any of you guys can find cool dragon char sets, let us know and i'll implement them in the script!

Larynni
1 blended word.
j00pwn.

don't know what this means! lol

anyway: at the mo, there are only 6 combinations and i haven't all the genes done yet, but will update the op as i add more features, will take requests for additions

Wow i just checked it ITS AWESOME im gonna cry :'( lol now i just need the BOF Battle system which i love too, is  out only for xp, that sux

here:

http://www.rmxp.org/forums/index.php?to ... 24.new#new

in this link you will find my completed set of tilesets for VX to look like XP, so u will be able to use XP characters, and its easier to find sprites of characters. if u need an xp character set to be converted to VX tell me

busbuzz
Wow i just checked it ITS AWESOME im gonna cry :'( lol now i just need the BOF Battle system which i love too, is  out only for xp, that sux

here:

in this link you will find my completed set of tilesets for VX to look like XP, so u will be able to use XP characters, and its easier to find sprites of characters. if u need an xp character set to be converted to VX tell me

thanks for the compliment. I'm working on a breath of fire sdk, which means anything from BOF i can find i will try and script! and improve as i go, by the way, i can't see that link dude!

Also - i'll post customization instructions over the next few days on how to add genes/combinations?

Finally - Anything you need added to the script? let me know and i'll try and accomodate!

And, something there is really sucky... there are certain gene combinations which you actually get skills which you haven't putted, and some that you only putted the dragon breath.

Larynni
And, something there is really sucky... there are certain gene combinations which you actually get skills which you haven't putted, and some that you only putted the dragon breath.

I havn't all the combinations done yet, will be adding more on version 1.1, etc, also will be adding sections for you guys to customize new genes and combinations, you mean i have skills added that weren't intended for the splice? if so which ones?

Version 1.1 released

All genes now have combinations. If a specific combination doesn't exist, gain abilities based on genes selected.
Fusion gene has been added (gain abilities based on characters in your party) - Change initial party members to test!
Dragon Gene descriptions are now displayed in the help window.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.