Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[VX] Blitz

Yeah, I have that all working its just when I select the blitz command in the battle menu. It updates the name but doesn't start the blitz input scene... I know its something stupid I'm not seeing, forgive me I'm a blonde ;)

Woops, I forgot to add a line in the code... The most important one ><'
I have updated the script, it should work now. Sorry for that :tongue:

Hero

Would it possible to implement this without the custom command list? For some reason it makes the window alignment in the battle system I'm using out of place (RPG Tankentai). I would also like to replace the attack command with this as well.

Very cool looking script!
Would you mind linking the custom commands script though? I don't have that so I can't use this yet.

(Sorry if this goes under necroposting since it has been 6 months since Hero's post).

Dargor":yx0toyq2 said:
It's ok, I'm still supporting all my VX scripts.
What do you mean, linking the custom commands script?

Yep, pretty much. Like a link to a thread with it if you have that up.
Sorry if the email was a bother by the way.

Yo Dargor, wussup :D

The Blitz command worksfine for me. But I think there's something you could add for it. My main concern is about the info window about the Blitz command. I mean where's the menu if the player want see the Blitz command?

I have two ideas. First, you could add an additional Blitz menu on the main menu. When it selected it will showed the list of Blitz skill of the selected char and the command line (plus the skill description if possible).

Or Second, you could change a little bit about the window sequences. So, after selecting the Blitz on the battle menu, it will show up the Blitz Skill List window first, instead of 'Blitz Input...' window. Blitz Skill List window will consist:  [Skil Name]  [Command]  [MP cost] . It could be 'scrolled down' if the character have more than 4 skill. Then after the player press the action button, this window closed and then the 'Insert Blitz Command' window show up and this is the time for the player to insert the command, and ended it with pressing action button again (yeah, like the usual).

The Blitz command will be presented in graphic (not text: up, down, etc). I dont know which is the best mechanism, but I've made the command (8 directional button plus 4 input button) as an additional on IconSet graphic (on the last row). So the icon#257 until #264 will consist 8 directional graphic and icon#265 until #268 consist the A,B,L,R graphic. So you could 'call' the command graphic from the icon sheet. I also already made a set of 24x24 pixel and a set of 50x50 pixel for each button input.

Something like this:
http://www.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/a77 ... 116c2g.jpg[/img]

The file in zip: http://www.mediafire.com/?zvt4diu01go

Zell's command window is the closest to describe the concept  XD  :
http://www.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/c7c ... 25302g.jpg[/img]

If you need more / another graphic like that, you could PM me.  :thumb:

Thanks in advance.

That's an excellent idea lahandi! I wonder why I haven't added the Blitz menu before. How can someone know what to input without that!? :/
Thanks for the suggestion, I'll add that in the next version. :thumb:

Is this script compatible with Tankentai SBS and the Atb for that system? if the blitz isnt compatible, could you make them compatible?

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.