Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[VX] Battle System Addon

Hi people!
Okay, I'm just going to get straight to the point here. In my project that I'm making with RMVX, there is a system that I want to impement with the DBS, and I cannot advance any further in my project without it.
What I want, is at the top of the battle screen there's a bar that fills with every attack you make. When it is full, you get an option to make a special attack. Now, I expect at this moment your about to hit post with an overdrive script, but I would like something extra than that. Baisically, by using a call script, you can extend the bar and add another special attack. This could happen at the end of a boss, etc.
Please help me with this, as I, like I said, cannot go any further in my project without it.
Sorry if this sounds like something big...
Thanks to all who take this on!
Ciao!

Looks interesting but there's something I don't get.
I would like something extra than that. Baisically, by using a call script, you can extend the bar and add another special attack. This could happen at the end of a boss, etc.
So, another bar grows over the first one and when this second bar is full, the special attack change?

Also, is there only one bar for the party or a bar per party members?

Ok, as you can see in this screenshot:
http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/8004 ... c14ol9.jpg[/img]
The player has a small dot on a bar (red box) that when is full, allows him to use a special move by selecting [Special] from the battle menu. He has a list of special moves that he can use, but only one per dot.
However, as the game progresses, he gets to this:
http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/2216 ... 004qk0.jpg[/img]
He now has eight dots, which allow him to unleash up to 8 special moves, each one using up a certain amount of dots.
I would like something like this, but in bar form.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.