Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[VX] Battle Result Window

Battle Result Window
Version 1.0
by Woratana
Release Date: 05/08/2008

Introduction
I discussed about battle result window for VX with my friend for a while.
The problem is that there is no built-in battle result window in VX.
(The result will show in message box instead)

So I try to script this to see if it's possible to make one.
I put the same information as the battle result window in XP.

Enjoy~  :lol:

Screenshots
http://www.uppic.net/ib/battle_result_window.png[/img]

Script
Place it above main
http://i28.tinypic.com/25thhqt.jpg[/img]
Code:
#===============================================================
# â—

great script but my only request is that you make the window bigger so it can show the face graphic next to each actor name if you can do this, then the script will be so much better in my opinion

Does the "to next level" update as you gain exp?  When I tested it, it only changed when I gained a new level.  I thought it would change to determine how much exp I had until the next level.

With Tankentai's battle system, the top window remains after battle.

Other then this small problem, it's a wonderful script. I look forward to using it if I can fix this problem.

@Kylebot

@Albino
I scared the space won't enough, since each face is 96 x 96 pixel.

Try that in photoshop and you will found out that it needs whole screen to put 4 faces. :D

@Kreytor
Good thought!
I will change it to the exp the actor needs for next level in next version.

@Lockheart
I'm downloading Takenkai Battle System to see how can I fix that. :)

Xaiko

Kreytor":fagogtzu said:
Does the "to next level" update as you gain exp?  When I tested it, it only changed when I gained a new level.  I thought it would change to determine how much exp I had until the next level.

Until Woratana updates his script, I have a small tip for Kreytor and everyone else who's interested:

Just change line 27 that should read like this:
contents.draw_text(292 + tw + 16, ty, contents.width, WLH, actor.next_exp_s)

into this:
contents.draw_text(292 + tw + 16, ty, contents.width, WLH, actor.next_rest_exp_s - $game_troop.exp_total)

...and the battle result window will display the amount of EXP still needed to gain the next level :)

@Woratana: Is it okay that I post this edit to your script? Else just tell me and I will delete this :)

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.