Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[VX] backdrop (battle back) script?

Is there a backdrop script that lets me change depending on what place I'm in?
for example if I'm in a desert and i run into a battle the backdrop will be a area? and if I'm in a forest I battle on a Forest backdrop instead? :neutral:
I'll be very great full if some one can write or find me one! :thumb:

khmp

Sponsor

The image you put in called "plains.png" is 640x320. VX's resolution is 544x416 That means the it over exceeds the width by 96 pixels and your height is under the necessary size by 96. The image should be at the minimum 544x416. You can have extra space so screen shake looks better but its not necessary.

It didn't occur to me when I suggested to just take the XP battle backgrounds and put them in. But the reason it's cut off is because normally in XP you have windows at the bottom that obscure the background from being seen. They took this opportunity to save texture memory by cutting the battle background's size down height wise. Smart for them not good for you. You will need to stick with your request thread or scale the battle background images in XP to conform with VX standards. Alright?

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.