Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[VX] Advanced Title Screen

NunoAle":2dmktm6w said:
With the ESC it does not fade, but it does with the event.
That's weird because it works fine for me. You have version 1.8 right?

Another thing, with the randomizing, is it possible to have diferent title screens for each introduction? Like...

Randomize: [Tit. Screen 1 + Intro 1 ; Tit. Screen 2 + Intro 2 ; Tit. Screen 3 + Intro 3] etc
Sure.

EDIT: For some strange reason, it's bugging now, and even though I have the coords for where the player starts, it says I don't!
It shouldn't do that. Make sure the coords array index correspond to the map index, like that:
  Random_Intro_Maps = [1,2,3]
  Random_Intro_Coords = [ [10,10], [5,5], [0,0] ]

Yeah, I do have the 1.8

It's still bugging, now it will not load any introduction, the same problem with the players.

And it only works with ESC. It would fade with normal eventing, but it would not fade if the ESC is pressed.

Would there be any way to make the title map, be the same as the intro map, when randomized? Like lets say map one is my intro map. I also want my title map to be the same as that map. And would there be any way to incorporate a chapters kinda thing into it? like it uses where you are in the story, to pick the appropriate title screen. Lets say fire level, your in. when you start the game after a save, the ttle is the fire area

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.