Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Voiceover Script Needed - Compensation Available

Hey all,

My name is Aaron Walz and I'm the composer and sound producer for the Aveyond series. Amaranth Games has asked me to search out someone who can make a script for our situation, so here I am! I have recorded an immense amount of voice acting for the upcoming Aveyond 3 game and we need a way to get it all into the game.

The main thing we need is just an efficient way to get hours of lines into the game so that when characters are spoken to, the appropriate audio file plays. The other part of the equation is that we don't want these voice sounds to interfere with the normal sound effect engine if possible and perhaps even be controlled separately.

We will need a script fairly soon as we are releasing this voice pack upgrade shortly after Aveyond 3 is released. Can anyone help us? We will pay you for your efforts. Please contact me through walzmusic.com or email aaron "at" walzmusic . com. Thanks very much for your time and it was a pleasure visiting the forums!

Yin

Yeah I do it like that for my game, but I think he/she wants it on an independant track or something other than rmxp maybe so there can be an option to turn them on and off easily without having to put conditional branches in every event. I don't know.... Maybe. :haha:

Zeriab

Sponsor

If you want the ability to (de)activate then the conditional branches become rather bothersome.
If the separation from the Audio is not a hard requirement then one could imagine something like this:
[ruby]class Interpreter
  def voice(name="", volume=100, pitch=100)
    if $game_switches[42]
      $game_system.se_play(RPG::AudioFile.new(name, volume, pitch))
    end
    true
  end
end

[/ruby]

If switch 42 is on the voice plays, otherwise it doesn.
Just use script calls with the syntax
voice(name, volume, pitch)
For example
voice("npc_32", 80, 110)

Alternatively this might be of interest: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=55486
I am not sure what the license is, but it could be an inspiratoin.

*hugs*
- Zeriab

shaz

What happens if you play several audio files in quick succession - will one wait until the previous one has completed, or will you end up having them either cut each other off, or play over each other?

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.