Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Video on Title Screen? [RESLOLVED]

Hey guys,

I wanted to use a video for my title screen.  Is there a script out there that already has this?  I've looked for hours.

If this ends up as a request then this is what I need.

-A script (As simple as possible) that calls a video file from a specific folder within my game folder and plays it behind the New Game, Continue, and Exit choices in the title screen.
-It must loop!

I remember reading something about how videos don't play in RMXP, and someone else asking why you'd want to play one anyway... Well, it's quite obvious why I'd want to play one for the introduction, but besides that, if it's not possible, just let me know.
Also... if GIF images work, I could get that to work too, if at all possible.

Thanks!

1. Gifs don't work, they can't work, never will work.  :P

2. There are some scripts that can play avi files that ive seen, but never on the title screen.  good luck with this mikee.

Oh, that is EXACTLY what I meant.  I didn't think that GIF files would work, but something LIKE a gif obviously does because all that does is file through title screens in a selected order, obviously, which is perfect for what I needed.

The only problem is now I have to try to either decipher the script (which isn't a good idea for a noob like me), translate the comments (doubtful) or just wing it and replace the pictures with my own.  (I'll probably just do that. XD)

Thanks so much , Problem.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.