Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Victory points and attributes/skill customization.

Introduction
For the last couple of days i've searched for a script that would do all of theese things that i want, but i have not found one.
I've reccently started to learn RGSS, and i could do this myself, but it would take a looooong time, and it would probably not come out as i want it due to my limited knowledge in RGSS.
So that is why i'm requesting this script in hope that someone is willing to help me, and create this script.
I belive that this is something many people would want in their game,  if not, well..  you will at least have one person who is very happy, me!   :thumb:

The Script(s)
I would like a script that gives the player Victory point for every won battle.
The player can then spend those points to customize the party members by increasing their attributes and learning skills.
This is how i would like to have it:

•The player get's victory points when he wins a battle.
•The player can enter the menu and chose an option like "customization".
•Then the player chooses wich member to customize
•A new window is opened where the player can choose attributes or skills.
•When the player has chosen the attribute to increase or the skill to learn a new window is opened.
The window displays information about the attribute/skill and asks if you would like to increase/learn the attribute/skill.

I want it to be so the player can access it from the menu,
and choose wich party member he wishes to customize.

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg9/ ... tomize.png[/img]
The customize window should look like this, with an information window(customizable text) and a command window where you can choose attributes or skills.  Then up in the left corner it should show how many Victory points the player has left.

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg9/ ... ormal-.png[/img]
When the player chooses attributes it should make the Skills command a little bit gray, indicating that the attribute option has been chosen, then all the attributes available should come up.

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg9/ ... butes-.png[/img]
When the player then chooses the attribute he would like to increase, a new window will show with information about the attribute. To the left of that window, there should be another window asking if the player would like to increase that attribute, and a "Yes/No" alternative.
If the player chooses yes, it increases the players hp by 20, goes back to the original "Customize-Attributes1" window, and then decreases the victory point in the top left corner.

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg9/ ... ation-.png[/img]
When the player chooses skills, the Attribute command should be a little bit gray indicating that the skills option has been chosen. Then all the skills available should come up.

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg9/ ... kills-.png[/img]
When the player has chosen the skill he would like to learn, a new window will show with information about the skill. To the left of that window, there should be another window asking if the player would like to learn that skill and a "Yes/No" alternative.
If the player chooses yes, the party member learns that skill. It goes back to the original "Customize-Skills1" window, and then decreases the victory point in the top left corner.

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg9/ ... ation-.png[/img]

Customizable
I would really like for the script to be customizable, so that you can choose wich skills each class can learn.
I would also like for it to be so skills is added for the player to learn when the member is a special level. Lets say on level 10 a new skill called "Hurricane-slash" is available for the class Fighter to learn.

•Customize wich skills each class can learn. And wich skills that are shown for each party member.
•Make more skills available based on each party members level.
•Customize how many Victory points you spend on each attribute/skill.

Conclusion
I would like to thank you for taking the time and read this request.
As i was writing this i realised that this request is much bigger than i thought, but i belive that there must be someone here that is willing to take on the challange! :wink:

If something is unclear about my request feel free to ask me about it.
Once again, Thanks!  :thumb:

//Gando

EDIT:  I know you are all probably very busy , but i wonder, if someone could atleast point me in the right direction and i can try to make this script myself. What i already know how to do is:

•Give the player a victory point after he has won a battle.
•Make the information window(thanks to khmp! <3).
•Make a horizontal command window.

Pretty much everything else i could use some help with. So if you're reading this post, and are a scripter, could you be so kind and maybe give me some tips or point me in the right direction on how to make this happen?
Thanks! :thumb:

Hmm, it doesn't seem like anyone is willing to script this for me but that is okay.
I've decided to give this a try myself and i wonder if anyone could help me out a bit?
Like point me in  the right direction or give me some tips on how to make this happen.
It doesn't have to be much, but just something to get me started. Then i can play around with it and prbably get it to work.

I know how to give the player a "victory point" after he won a battle, and i know how to make the information window, (thanks to khmp!)

And pretty much the rest, how to make it so you choose which character to customize and how to add new skills for each character to learn based on class and level etc.
If anyone could help me with this it would be great!
Thanks! :thumb:

Over and out - Gando

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.