Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Very strange GM8 problem (PROBLEM RESOLVED!)

Hi! I am working in Game Maker 8.Pro and I have been working for a space shooter game called Xeostar for a while now.

The strange in this is that when the conditions for moving to the next room are fullfilled, it doesn't activate the action I want (move to the next room) . It does only move to the next room sometimes, sometimes NOT!! This is the object that checks that instances in the room is equal to 0 (it's persistant too):

So to repeat what my problem is:
When ALL the objects/enemies (instances) are destroyed, I want the game to GO TO NEXT ROOM.

My problem is that it does only carry on to the NEXT ROOM sometimes, NOT always.

As you can see on the image, I have used the action "if the number of instances is a value" and put ALL to "Equal to" = "0"
This would mean that when 0 objects (of all INSTANCES) is left, the action "MOVE TO NEXT ROOM" will be activated.

So WHY does it only activate my action SOMETIMES?

Thanks /robin

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.