Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Very Simple Shadow Script

i need a script that's very simple, but i can't do it myself cuz i'm very dumb hehe
also don't tell me to use that other shadow script, because i don't really like it (the one with light source and etc)
by the way, it's for RMXP

Description:

It should add a rounded shadow below the event character (i'll add some pictures now) with some transparency (perhaps, with customisation options)

shadow.png
3.png

the shadow will be a little smaller than that (more realistic) and should be added to every event that has a 'comment: shadow' as the first line (like the other shadow script). also i need a way to turn the one on the hero on and off (and if possible a way to turn the one in that very event on and off whenever i need with a call script or something) (because certain maps and places on that map won't have shadows below the characters).

a little customisation possibility would be nice, like a "comment: shadow_size=150%" or something, so my bigger monster guys can have bigger shadows
(NOT the shadow size based on the charset size, that won't work well for me)

by the way, that's the character sets i use, they are that size ^^

so...
well i guess it's not that simple anymore if you add all that... but you guys are the best so it's probably easy for you hehe
can anybody with some spare time do this for me please? i would really appreciate it (and this script can be used by many other people i guess)

somebody at another forum told me to use a script called white ties shadow.
here's the topic link

http://www.creationasylum.net/index.php?showtopic=25218

thats a very good script but... i have a little problem with it
it just adds shadows to anything on the screen... and it resizes with the character size.... and thats really not a good thing

shadowww.jpg

well, see the picture?
the first circled one is my battle charset for example... and well, you see what i mean ;p

aso i don't want my... fires and magic circles to be shadowed ;ppp

is there anything anybody could do about that?
like adding a configuration method to it?

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.