Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Vertical ATB Gauge

I don't think this request should be all that much of a problem, but then again, since I don't know how to script, I'm ignorant. Anyway, to get to the request.

What I want is a ATB gauge, which increases by moving vertically upwards, and is out of the battlestatus window. Hopefully somebody will be able to complete this request for me.

I made a mockup, it's terrible, though :P
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w73/krypton-knight/ATBGaugeMockup.png[/img]

Thanks to anyone who can do this for me  ;)

Thanks, and please, refer to me as ChaosMaxima.

They won't change my name... dunno why. >_>

On Topic: Please, people, I need this. This request has been going on since a lot of days now... isn't there ANYBODY who can do this?

I can try my hand at this, just a few things before I start:

Do you want a picture or script-based bar? And can you post the script that you're using? What exactly is this bar displaying? I always thought ATB stood for Active Time Battle, like the system you see in a lot of FF's, but those have individual bars.

Wow, thanks second_crimson. :D Really appreciate it!!

Alright, I don't really know whether this would be able to be an edit of any other script, because I don't think this type of system has ever been coded before, I simply called it an ATB for convenience.

To start of, this is a "Team ATB Gauge". What it does is; it takes average of the whole party's speed, and uses that for the rate of filling. When the gauge is full, each of the party members get to choose their attacks, one after the other, as in the default battle system at the beginning. And then, they attack.

I do hope that I was clear enough, and thanks again if you intend on doing this. :D

EDIT: Oh, and about the picture, or script based bar; I don't mind either of them. Just make sure that if you use pictures, provide me with them.

EDIT 2: @Brosek:

a) As explained above, I doubt this has been coded before, so I guess I wouldn't be able to do so.

b) I tried changing the position but changing the position just means changing its X and Y Co-oridnates. However, this doesn't help, as it would still be horizontal. Also, if I edited the graphics, it would simply result in causing a glitch, because the bar has been coded to fill from the left to the right, and it would end up in the bar moving out of the "Gauge" image.

Note that whatever I have written is not offensive, though it may sound so, I was just mentioning it.

second_crimson":2nili0en said:
Yeah, I'm gonna need to see the script in order to make sure the idea I have will work. Without the script, I have no idea what variable goes into this bar, or where it needs to be updated.

You'd have to start anew, because like I said in my previous post, I doubt this script exists. I know it's a bit complex, or actually, very complex... but, what can I do? Sorry.

Woah-woah. So I must've missed that. This script doesn't even exist? I'm sorry, but it's a little hard to create a bar for a battle system that doesn't exist. I'd love to help you, but I can't script battle systems. Are you looking for a battle system, a bar for an undeveloped battle system, or both? I think it'd be best to have a system ready before you start looking for edits to it. Sorry. :\

Eh... the battle system does exist, but the ATB Sort of thing doesn't.

I already have a battle system, but it's in japanese, so you wouldn't be able to figure it out anyway, but for the sake of convenience, I will upload it and give you the link.

About the ATB thing, this has not been coded. In a normal ATB, there is an individual gauge for each player. However, in the script I'm requesting, the gauge is "Team Gauge", which takes an average of the total team's speed, and uses that. When the gauge is filled, each player of the team gets to attack one after the other. I doubt this has been made before.

And as for the script which gives you the front-view battlers...
Here.

You might want to edit your first post with that info then, since I, and it looks like someone else, was under the impression this was a graphical edit, when in fact it's adding a whole new feature to an existing script.

Good luck on getting this done though, and sorry I can't be of more help.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.