Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Vehicle System

This is quite an elaborate request, although I'm pretty sure it's legit 8-) ... Okay, what I need is a vehicle system with the following features:

• Pixel by pixel movement.
  • You can define the size of the car by pixels so you don't go half over walls.
  • When you press up, you don't go super fast you go very slow to slow to normal to fast to very fast.
  • Pressing the right and left button does nothing unless you press the up or down buttons (and of course going backwards is inverted (like a normal car)).
The tricky part is that, I'm not going to provide an 8 directional set of each car. You are provided with one sprite of one car. That's it. Not one for left right up down. Just one. The reason this isn't possible with normal characters is the the graphic changes going left right up down (moving legs, different sides etc). But the car is bird's-eye-view so you only need one graphic. So the thing is when you press up and right at the same time, it will pixel by pixel turn to the right (again like a normal car). I know it's possible because it's done in that shadow script. I'm not asking this whole thing do me done from scratch, it can be based on various other scripts.

Here's a car the system can be based on:

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa45 ... temcar.png[/IMG]

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.