Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Using Mode7 out of the map

Hey people, I need some help here with Neo Mode 7.

It works smoothly here, no bugs, no weird things.

But I've been wondering if there is anyway to use Mode7 in other scenes, like calling a sprite in scene_menu and rotate it, zoom it and stuff like it works in the map.
Does anybody know somebody who have already done this? I tried a lot here, but kinda failed…

I don't really need a full script, I just need a little snippet to apply Mode7 effects in any sprite I wish instead of just doing in the map.
I'd appreciate some help. Thanks in advance :D

PS: Here's the script viewtopic.php?f=11&t=19976

Ares

You could make a map with an event on it, and call that map in the menu scene. Then you can do a lot of stuff through rgss, such as changing the graphic of that event, and rotating and zooming. It would require a bunch of scripting i guess (and of course a complete rewrite of Scene_Menu).

I don't have time to elaborate on it now, but I think this is a rough draft of something that could work.

Hum... it'd be a little tough to make this since I just want to show 1 sprite on the screen with the Mode 7 effects.

What I intend to do is create a sprite and using it as battle backdrop, then I would be able to control it and simulate some cool effects, like Golden Sun and Xenogears during the Scene.

Actually, what you have to do is display a spriteset within whatever class you want. If you didn't find any topics on the matter, try looking for scripts that display a map 'behind' the menu, aka transparent windows over the map screen. That works by displaying the spriteset you're using in Scene_Map also in Scene_Menu, and that's basically what you want. I'm afraid you can't just use a sprite for it, as whatever Mode-7 script you got is made for use with a spriteset. Now, that doesn't mean there can't be a script made for the use with single sprites, however I don't know if that would be better...

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.