Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Using arrow/ammo charactersets from Mr Mo ABS in ZTBS

This is just something small (at least, I hope it's something small), but very specific. I was wondering if anyone would be able to help with it. In Mr. Mo's ABS, when using a bow/gun weapon/ranged spell, it displays the arrow/ammo/fireball as a charset, moving between the player and the target. That way, it bypasses the single-angle approach of the animations (e.g. even if you rotate the anim 90 degrees, it'll still have, for example, the flames rising the wrong way). The FAQ on the thread has the instructions for setting up a weapon to be ranged and what charset name to use.

I'm using the ZTBS for a project I'm cobbling together (I know there's a topic on it here, but the CA thread has an active link for the demo). I was just wondering if anyone who's better able to get their head around RGSS than me could tell me how to integrate it into the ZTBS, or if it's even possible?

If you can help on this, I love you long time.

EDIT: Wrong forum, sorry! Can someone move this to Script Requests? Too many Firefox tabs open. :(

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.